Here is a huge favorite in KingDaddy’s kitchen:
The Best Cheese Bread Ever
1 loaf of Sheepherders Bread
6-8 oz. Swiss cheese
1 stick butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 Tbsp dry parsley
3-4 slices of bacon
Directions: Cream together the onion, poppy
seeds, parsley and butter.
Cut thick slices 6 times across the bread.
Put cheese evenly inside the cuts. Spread creamed
ingredients also inside the cuts (leave a little for
Set on foil on a cookie sheet. Smear the rest of the
creamed mix and arrange bacon slices on top of
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Slice against the cuts and serve warm.
Top Seven Rejected Cookbook Titles:
7. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches for Dummies
6. Bob Vila’s Sawdust Cuisine
5. Lions and Tigers and Beets, Oh My!
4. Cooking with Condiments – An Apartment Dweller’s Guide to Making Something Out of
3. Mud, Sticks, and Leaves: Cooking with a Four Year Old
2. Granny Clampett’s “Yer Throwin’ Away the Best Parts!”
1. Everything’s Yogurt… Eventually!
Top Five Signs You’re Being Stalked
by Martha Stewart:
5. On her show, she makes a gingerbread house
that looks exactly like your split-level, right down
to the fallen-over licorice downspout and the stuck
half-open graham cracker garage door.
4. The unmistakable aroma of potpourri follows you
everywhere, even after you leave the bathroom.
3. The contents of your curbside recycling tub are
regularly stolen, reorganized and replaced.
2. You discover that every napkin in the whole
house has been folded into a swan.
1. That telltale lemon slice in the dog’s water bowl.